Saturday, April 11, 2009

the nit method, cash game version

Here's the short version of the story:



In the first session, the one at the bottom of the list, not only did I play 'marginal' hands (88 was common), I couldn't let go of those that started well but whose value was dramatically diminished by the flop. I called four-bets and shoves from short-stackers because I knew I wouldn't lose 'much', despite my instinct that I was behind.
Overall, some bad play. I lost the most with QQ, for example. Even some of my KK losses were preventable; I just *knew* my opponent had the AA.
I lost half a buyin with 33 when my opponent's 88 hit a better set on the turn (my set was on the flop). The best part of that match? It was a classic SB vs. BB battle (I was in the small, so I could very easily have let my 33 go).

I still have trouble not raising with AQ and AJ, let along tossing those hands. But I'll keep working on it. I know that there are at least two keys to the level I'm playing: volume and stacking opponents with solid hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment