Monday, June 14, 2010

back at it

I've had two runs since my last post.

The first, on Saturday, did not go that well. I hadn't run even a dozen paces when I could feel a distinct weakness and wobbliness in my hamstrings. I knew I wouldn't run the 5km I'd planned for, but I certainly got a good 3.5km in before I had to start walking.



In fact, from the speed/elevation graph (click on the 'details' link to see what I mean), it looks like I very nearly made it 4km before my pace dropped to 5km/hour the first time.

Tonight's run, however, went much better. I ran the entire 5km and it felt great.



It took about 36.5 minutes to run that distance so one goal is to get that below 35 minutes. Overall, however, I'm pleased because I know I could have run longer.

Another difference between the two runs? Saturday's was in sweltering, noon-time heat and sunshine, today's was in drizzle. It turns out I prefer drizzle.

No matter what the weather from now on, I just hope I can keep up the good habits. There's certainly more satisfaction in it, if nothing else.

No comments:

Post a Comment