Tuesday, September 7, 2010

the missing months

No doubt about it, I've missed a lot of targets the last three months.

I haven't been running.

I haven't been blogging.

My finances have been at the mercy of my emotions and irresponsible (shopping) behavior.

Not to mention the theft of my purse from work ... where all employees are issued passcards to enter the building, which means it was a co-worker - maybe even one of my own trainees! - who took it.

No money inside, but I lost all my keys, ID and rewards cards. Oh, and I'd never used the purse before, so that was a hit all on its own.

Two weeks later it was my iPhone I was crying over. I drowned it in Coke and killed it dead. It took a couple of weeks but I eventually learned of Apple's gorgeous out-of-warranty program and within a week of finding the information on the discussion forums I had a new device in my hands.

I've never been more impressed with a company in my life, especially as the replacement cost me $40 less than my provider charged for the original!



But back to my biggest problem: not running.

I haven't stopped wanting to, I just haven't done it. Yes, the insane heat and humidity were valid reasons not to run ... outside. But I could have used the treadmill, which sits conveniently next to our air conditioner.

This week I'm on vacation, helping the South African hottie get set up in his new apartment (and applying/interviewing for jobs, truth be told), but when I go home on Sunday it'll be to an empty house.

I'll have no excuses, then.

Can I get my ass in motion again?

No comments:

Post a Comment