Thursday, April 14, 2011

fall back, spring forward

Last December I lost my dream job. I've been in a fugue state ever since.

It was many weeks before I understood what happened and stopped taking all the blame. It's only now that I feel my life is moving forward again.

Since December I've felt that my professional life was doomed, that I'd never have anything good again. I felt like a train that had jumped the tracks; how in the world would I get back on? I didn't think it was possible.

It turns out I had merely switched track, though I've passed through some pretty barren landscape since then and so it's understandable that I interpreted the emptiness so wrongly.

I have a new opportunity, a new understanding and a renewed determination.

Daylight Savings has returned.

No comments:

Post a Comment